At least 5 separate lectures?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At least 5 separate lectures?

Hi guys, I'm about to record my very first course and the Course quality checklist requires at least 5 separate lectures, which i'm confused about how it counts as "5 separate lectures".

A: If I create a course title, for example: How to cook a family dinner, and within the course I will have (1) Introduction, (2) Go to the supermarket, (3) Prepare, (4) cook, (5) displaying. Will this count as 5 lectures?

B: Or does I have to create 5 different course titles like (1) How to cook family dinner Chinese style, (2) How to cook family dinner in Vietnamese style, (3)...

Thank you

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HieuPhan Our minimum requirements for a course is that it contains at least 30 minutes of video content contained within at least 5 lectures. All lectures add up to at least 30+ minutes of total video. You can find details on how to outline your course here https://teach.udemy.com/course-creation/outline-your-course/ 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

My question as a new yet to be published instructor is: How do you creat 5 separate lectures if you do not have 5 separate videos?

@ElianaC wrote:

Hi @HieuPhan Our minimum requirements for a course is that it contains at least 30 minutes of video content contained within at least 5 lectures. All lectures add up to at least 30+ minutes of total video. You can find details on how to outline your course here https://teach.udemy.com/course-creation/outline-your-course/ 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StephenRWar158 In this case you'd have to edit the videos before the upload process to include 5 different video files in the lectures of 2-6 minutes each one. Check out our recommended editing tools here and this article that shows how to outline your course here. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors