Audio video lag in Screencaseomatic

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio video lag in Screencaseomatic

Hi All,

I am a first-time instructor and I am creating a first introduction video today. I am using Logitech HD PRO Webcam C920, and a condenser mic to record my first video. I use Screencastomatic to capture webcam recording and editing. After recording a 1 min video, when I replay I am seeing a slight delay between my video(lip movement) and audio. 

Could anyone please help to resolve this? Can we fix this during editing or am I making any mistake while recording?

3 Replies

Hey @astroengineer, good question! While I don't have the right answer here, I wanted to bump your post to increase visibility. You can also contact the screencastomatic support team, perhaps they can help? Or let us know if you figured it out on your own. Smiley Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

In the long term, I would recommend switching to OBS studio. It's got significantly more features, including noise supression for your audio, to do away with any potential hiss (you didn't mention it, but I know that I have it without the noise supression). 

It is possible to fix it in post. Decouple the audio and video tracks and trim a little off the audio to sync it up with the video. 

Thank you for your suggestion.

A couple of steps solved the issues,

1. I was using an image that is lesser in resolution to replace the green screen in my video. When I replaced the image with another image that of the same resolution fixed the issue. 

2. Secondly, restarting the PC is also solving the issues at times especially when PC is running for a long time.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors