Audio - white noise - cricket sound high frequencies- tough time

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio - white noise - cricket sound high frequencies- tough time

Hii,

i am finding trouble to reduce cricket sounds from my audio recording. I live in a village area. Morning time, high frequency sounds like cricket is entering in my records. As my vocal range is in highs , I can't noise gate it. Can anyone suggest me a solution? 
Thanks, 

krish

5 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Krish-Karayil I ran a search here and found this discussion about removing background noise

https://community.udemy.com/t5/A-V-Solutions/What-do-you-do-to-remove-background-noise/m-p/8412 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

What kind of microphone are you using? Using a dynamic, directional mic can help to reduce background noises.

I am using a Blue Yeti microphone. I made a small hack ,  setup in my closet with blankets. still a small amount of white noise is coming. 

Unknown.jpeg

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

When you're ready to invest in upgrading your mic, consider a dynamic microphone - they're much less sensitive. I used a Blue Yeti myself for years before upgrading to a Shure SM7B (paired with a CloudLifter and Blue Icicle to convert it to USB).

Thanks @FrankKane I can't afford that mic right now. I will see a way.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors