Automatic Captions in Other Languages not Available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Automatic Captions in Other Languages not Available?

My courses are in English and I have English captions.

I read that Udemy automatically adds captions for English, Spanish and Portuguese, but I don't see Spanish and Portuguese appearing on my courses. The Udemy interface wants me to upload captions to add another language. Has the automatic captioning for Spanish and Portuguese been removed?

Here's the exact wording from the Udemy FAQs for captioning.

"As part of Udemy’s plan to expand the global reach of instructors, and help make course content more accessible to students around the world, we provide auto-generated captions in English, Spanish and Portuguese for video lectures instructed in these respective languages."

How can I now add automatic captions for Spanish and Portuguese?

Thank you,

Tracey.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Automatic Captions in Other Languages not Available?

Hi @Tracey276 English, Spanish, and Portuguese auto-generated captions will be generated for new courses in these respective languages after the course has been submitted to our review team for approval. If your course is in English, you get English Auto-generated captions/ If your course is in Spanish, you get Spanish Auto-generated captions.

So, you'll need to create the captions on your end if you'll like to have captions in another language .For more information on how to do this, please click here. Instructors can still upload and use captions they’ve created for the course, and these captions will be utilized instead of the auto-generated captions. For steps on how to do this, please refer to this article.

Hope this helps!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time Course Creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors