Best teaching style for a software course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best teaching style for a software course

Hi everyone, I am in the process of developing my first course. I was wondering what people's view was on the best teaching style. I will be teaching a software (QGIS) so the course will mainly be screencasts. I want to make it as practical and hands-on as possible but am not sure whether to have most of the demos/lectures as 'follow-along' (i.e. where the student follows on with what I am doing in the video) or just have assignments at the end of each section where the student puts into practice what they have learned in the lectures. Would be really useful just to get some general advice, thank you. 

1 Reply
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Students generally want both; "follow-along" lets you illustrate how to use the software, and many students who just want to watch the videos will need that. But if you don't also include some exercises where students can practice what they have learned, you'll hear about it in your reviews.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors