Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts: Affiliate Links?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts: Affiliate Links?

Go to solution

A quick question about Udemy's Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts

The guidelines are very specific, but I would appreciate clarification about this point: 

"DO feel free to include coupon codes or links to other Udemy courses, external links to your website/blog, or other supplementary products (e.g., books) that will be relevant to students."

1. Can these supplementary products include affiliate links?

2. If yes, do I need to declare my affiliate status?

Many thanks for your expert insights!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts: Affiliate Links?

Go to solution

They've never said you can't - the bonus lecture is your opportunity to upsell students on things, with almost no restrictions.

If you offer affiliate links, I think it actually does more good than harm to disclose that you are an affiliate. By the time students reach the bonus lecture, you probably have a good relationship with them, and they would be more than happy to help you out a little via an affiliate link that costs them nothing extra.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts: Affiliate Links?

Go to solution

They've never said you can't - the bonus lecture is your opportunity to upsell students on things, with almost no restrictions.

If you offer affiliate links, I think it actually does more good than harm to disclose that you are an affiliate. By the time students reach the bonus lecture, you probably have a good relationship with them, and they would be more than happy to help you out a little via an affiliate link that costs them nothing extra.

View solution in original post

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time Course Creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!