Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts: Affiliate Links?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts: Affiliate Links?

Go to solution

A quick question about Udemy's Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts

The guidelines are very specific, but I would appreciate clarification about this point: 

"DO feel free to include coupon codes or links to other Udemy courses, external links to your website/blog, or other supplementary products (e.g., books) that will be relevant to students."

1. Can these supplementary products include affiliate links?

2. If yes, do I need to declare my affiliate status?

Many thanks for your expert insights!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts: Affiliate Links?

Go to solution

They've never said you can't - the bonus lecture is your opportunity to upsell students on things, with almost no restrictions.

If you offer affiliate links, I think it actually does more good than harm to disclose that you are an affiliate. By the time students reach the bonus lecture, you probably have a good relationship with them, and they would be more than happy to help you out a little via an affiliate link that costs them nothing extra.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Bonus Lecture Do's and Don'ts: Affiliate Links?

Go to solution

They've never said you can't - the bonus lecture is your opportunity to upsell students on things, with almost no restrictions.

If you offer affiliate links, I think it actually does more good than harm to disclose that you are an affiliate. By the time students reach the bonus lecture, you probably have a good relationship with them, and they would be more than happy to help you out a little via an affiliate link that costs them nothing extra.

View solution in original post

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time Course Creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors