Branded products

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branded products

Are we able to use branded products as part of demos in such lectures that require a product recommendation?

5 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

What do you mean? Do you have an example? 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Hi Greg

thanks for your reply. 

I mean to check if we are allowed to use branded products such a medicine for example to demonstrate how to use it correctly or medicinal devices or show demonstrations...

FrankKane
Community Champion

Well, there are two entities that might object: Udemy and the owner of the brand.

Udemy only cares that you're not trying to sell this product to your students. So don't say "you can buy this at my website" or whatever. You can only sell stuff in your bonus lecture.

The owner of the brand probably publishes guidelines on what they consider fair usage of their trademarks, so you should read that first to be safe. Beyond that, you're getting into legal territory people on this board aren't qualified to provide advice on. There's a reason brands are usually blurred out on TV shows, but people post videos reviewing specific products all the time, so it seems like a gray area.

Could I private message you as I don’t want to give my idea away here but want advice on what I could include on not include on my lectures

FrankKane
Community Champion

I'm not a Udemy employee, nor a lawyer, so my advice doesn't really count. You should email policy@udemy.com if you have specific questions about what is or isn't allowed.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors