Can I hire someone to answer my course's Q&A?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hire someone to answer my course's Q&A?

Hi Instructors, I am wondering if it is against Udemy's policy to hire someone to answer my course Q&A section instead of me the instructor doing it myself. I saw that I can add users to collaborate with my course and allow only Q&A permissions for that user.

If I am allowed to do this, what are some best practices for this? I was thinking of creating a new Udemy Account for my assistant and name the account "Course Support" or "[Course Name] Assistant" or something similar so that my students still know that the answer is coming from "myself" as opposed to another random student.

I look forward to your reply!

1 Reply
Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Hi,

There is nothing in Udemy policies that forbids you to do what you describe: actually, as you point out, the tool allows you to grant that permission. From a policy standpoint, how you manage this is entirely up to you. The only policy risk that many instructors have hit is an improper collaboration with other instructors to play Udemy system: besides that, you are free to manage your course team the way you see fit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Udemy profile - Camtasia 2020 Certified Voyager and Explorer - My LinkedIn - My Facebook
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!