Can I publish a course that is already published on other online learning platform?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I publish a course that is already published on other online learning platform?

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I can publish a course that is already published on other online learning platform.

The course is free.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

If it is your course and you hold the rights to the course you can publish it where you like, Udemy doesn't hold the rights to your courses posted here on Udemy, so as long as you hold the rights to the course and the rights aren't held by someone else (a company/other course host etc) then you can have the course on Udemy. What you can't do is have the course free elsewhere and then publish it paid here on Udemy. You would have to publish it free here on Udemy if it is free elsewhere. If it is paid elsewhere, then you can publish it paid here on Udemy. 

All the best

Dan

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

If it is your course and you hold the rights to the course you can publish it where you like, Udemy doesn't hold the rights to your courses posted here on Udemy, so as long as you hold the rights to the course and the rights aren't held by someone else (a company/other course host etc) then you can have the course on Udemy. What you can't do is have the course free elsewhere and then publish it paid here on Udemy. You would have to publish it free here on Udemy if it is free elsewhere. If it is paid elsewhere, then you can publish it paid here on Udemy. 

All the best

Dan

Go to solution

Thanks!! I hold the rights and it's free, so I will publish on Udemy for free as well.

Go to solution

I have a published course on Udemy. Now I want to publish it on other platforms to reach more students/increase revenue.

Is that possible?

What do I need to in terms of legal/copyright issues?

Go to solution

that just solve my question as well, in my case I will publish the same course but recorded in a diferent language in other place. 

Go to solution

Hi;

Yes you can but consider these:

1- The price of Your course in other Platforms most not be Free.

2- You must be agree with Udmey policy.

3-For more questions you can directly send email to : policy@udemy.com or chat with       Udemy online agents.

Go to solution

I asked Udemy's support team and they said that it's okay.

Go to solution

Can I publish a course i have on Udemy somewhere else for a cheaper price? 

Go to solution

Hey @JonasOver, you are welcome to post your courses on any platform you choose. All we ask is that you do not offer them for free elsewhere while charging for them on Udemy.

Please note, however, courses posted on any sites other than your own will be ineligible for our Udemy For Business catalog. Publishing a Udemy for Business course on any other platforms may result in permanent exclusion from the catalog.

Please see the Terms of Use for further information. Feel free to reach out to policy@udemy.com for more specific questions.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank you very much Abbie for your answer 🙂 

Go to solution

how do i know if my coursei is up for Udemy for business ?

Go to solution

Hi

Yes you can publish course on Udemy or on another platform

If you are the rightful owner of that video

Hope u got the answer please like

@martinabrel wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I can publish a course that is already published on other online learning platform.

The course is free.

Thanks in advance.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors