Can I use powerpoint to create my course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use powerpoint to create my course

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

So I want to start creating my first course. Now I wanted to find out can I use powerpoint to create the course? Also has anyone used powerpoint to create a course? If yes can you please give me some tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vigasan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hey Linda,

You can definitely use PowerPoint for your course, although you need voiceover for sure and it can't just be you flipping slides. Keep in mind that although this is allowed, it may not convert well because it can be very boring to watch for people. I personally wouldn't watch a course with just PowerPoint as I would rather just get access to the PowerPoint file myself and save time.

"Instructors can use presentations from PowerPoint or Keynote to create video lectures for their courses, provided they include audio narration and are converted into a video file format (.MP4, .WMV, or .MOV files)."

Source - https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229604928-Converting-a-Presentation-to-a-Video-Lecture

Regards,
Vigasan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vigasan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hey Linda,

You can definitely use PowerPoint for your course, although you need voiceover for sure and it can't just be you flipping slides. Keep in mind that although this is allowed, it may not convert well because it can be very boring to watch for people. I personally wouldn't watch a course with just PowerPoint as I would rather just get access to the PowerPoint file myself and save time.

"Instructors can use presentations from PowerPoint or Keynote to create video lectures for their courses, provided they include audio narration and are converted into a video file format (.MP4, .WMV, or .MOV files)."

Source - https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229604928-Converting-a-Presentation-to-a-Video-Lecture

Regards,
Vigasan

Go to solution

Hey Vigasan,

This has definitely helped me, thanks for sharing.

Go to solution

Hi Vigasan,

Apologies as I need some clarification - am I right to say if I want to do Voice Over presentation, I will need to create powerpoint slides, then record a narration, and thereafter convert the slide show (with narration) into a video file before it can be accepted by Udemy ?

Is it better to insert audio to the slides or to record within Powerpoint itself?

Appreciate some guidance as am a newbie. Many thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors