Choosing the right course to start with - high conversion rate or high demand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing the right course to start with - high conversion rate or high demand

Hi everybody,

I am new in this community and in Udemy and thought about jumping into the water of tutoring and sharing my knowledge I gathered in the last years.

I thought about selecting one of the two topics to start my first course - one which is more area focused and one which is more broader.

Using marketplace-insights I see that in the focused topic, there is average demand with low courses and conversion rate of ~2% which seems to me very low. The other which is a broader topic has high demand and average # of courses and conversion rate of ~17%.

My question is, what is your calculation when selecting the right topic?

Thanks!

3 Replies

It totally depends on the course you are offering. What I would suggest just start working on your course with less constraints and be natural. You never know what will make your course a popular course. By the way which subject you are aiming for your course ? All the very best. Regards, Amit Tripathi 

@SagiGliksman wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am new in this community and in Udemy and thought about jumping into the water of tutoring and sharing my knowledge I gathered in the last years.

I thought about selecting one of the two topics to start my first course - one which is more area focused and one which is more broader.

Using marketplace-insights I see that in the focused topic, there is average demand with low courses and conversion rate of ~2% which seems to me very low. The other which is a broader topic has high demand and average # of courses and conversion rate of ~17%.

My question is, what is your calculation when selecting the right topic?

Thanks!

Thanks @Amit955 for the quick response.

Will be happy to hear more thoughts...

Have you tried https://coursegraph.io ? It will give you more insights into demand, enrollments, revenue, etc. so that you can plan your course better.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors