Co-instructor revenue share

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-instructor revenue share

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm have a question about co-instructor revenue share. Can co-instructors create their own course coupons? If yes, do they keep 97% of their share of the revenue. For example, if the co-instrucor gets 50% of sales and brings in a student via a course coupong, does he/she get to keep 97% of the 50%?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution
5 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I don't think Udemy keeps track of which co-instructor created the coupon. No matter which of you made it, 97% of a course attributed to an instructor coupon will go toward the instructors, which will then be split up however you've agreed.

So, short answer: yes.

Go to solution

Thanks!

LindsayMarsh
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Ashebani,  It will be split evenly between you and the instructor no matter who created the coupon, it will track the coupon name used, so a lot of times I will create a custom coupon name for me, so I can keep track of who is making more sales with coupons, me or the co-instructor (mostly as a fun game where everyone wins). 

And yes, if it comes in as a coupon you should get 50 percent of 97 percent of the sale. 

Go to solution

Thank you!

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Ashebani 

Yes, co-instructors can create coupons if given permission from the course settings. Since co-instructors share revenue it would work the same as other sales in the sense that each co-instructor would get the corresponding assigned revenue share percentage of the 97% earned from this instructor coupon sale (The coupon sale would not be given to a single instructor all at once, unless only 1 instructor has all the revenue share percentage assigned, which can happen).

You can find more detailed information about the revenue share here https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229605008-Instructor-Revenue-Share 

Regards,

Eliana 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors