Collaborative Cohorts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaborative Cohorts

Hello, Udemy Instructors & Community

I have published my first course on Udemy and am wondering if it might be possible to bring learners together for collaborative discussion after they have completed the course.  My questions are:

Do we have access to the learner information?  And are we allowed to reach out to the learners?

Does the Udemy platform enable "Zoom-like" collaboration sessions?

Thanks for sharing your experience.  

Have a Happy Thanksgiving (here in USA)!

Good Cheer,

Azizeh

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AEC2021, congratulations on publishing your first Udemy course! Those are some great questions.

Udemy does not provide the e-mail addresses of students enrolled in your course, and it is not allowed to ask for or post personal information about students. However, we have tools to help you communicate and share your services with students within our platform. 

While you are allowed to reach out to your learners via Direct Messaging, this feature is not the correct one to use when offering external learning sessions through Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc. You can do this by using a Bonus Lecture or sending an Educational Announcement instead, as long as you don't require students to sign up with their email addresses in order to access the content. 

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to policy@udemy.com - our team will be happy to help!

Wishing you all the best with your course and a happy Thanksgiving too! 😊

Many thanks, Bella!  

Azizeh

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors