Coupon price

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon price

Go to solution

Hello members,

My course was published just yesterday, hence trying to understand the pricing mechanism.

The discount coupon created by me and the Udemy discount both had same price 12.99 Euro.

But in India, my discount coupon was showing the price INR 570 and Udemy price INR 455. 

I have these two questions:

1)  Why is this difference in INR prices when Euro prices are same.

2) Also Euro to Rupee conversion rate is 1 Euro = 85 Rs. Then in above prices, which conversion rate is applied?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Yes ma'am actually they wanted to target india with a reasonable price due to many business factors 

KS

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Priya21 the Udemy Algorithm is different when operating in india this issue is from the starting of Udemy the prices differ

KS

Go to solution

Okay. Price is literally half in India.

Go to solution

Yes ma'am actually they wanted to target india with a reasonable price due to many business factors 

KS

Go to solution

Okay, thanks. 

Go to solution

Also, they are doing this keeping in mind the purchasing power of people which is definitely slightly lower than the US and the rest of the world.

Go to solution

Okay, thanks for the reply.

Go to solution

Greetings - is this a wider problem?

(We are subscribed to Udemy marketing and UFB)

W created a coupon for $12.99 which we started to promote locally (in South Africa) using Facebook etc. 

US$12.99 equated to around ZAR217 on the day.

However, when you get to the enrolment page, the price is ZAR130 yet when you get to the program via the Udemy search, its advertised at ZAR140.

My fear is loss of credibility (for all) and possibly running foul of local consumer regulation laws.

For now, I took down our  posts re offer / pricing

( i have written to instructor support but they are really busy)

Any suggestions in the meantime?

Thank you,

Mahoed and Hawa

Any suggestions 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors