Course Preview

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course Preview

Go to solution

I hope to launch my first course soon. I plan to create a short promo video. Do I have control over the videos that follow? Rather than sample lectures, I would like to provide an edited compilation. Can I choose what to include in the preview? They all seem quite different, having viewed other instructors' previews and include different numbers of videos.

LL
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @Lizzy, your first video lecture will automatically be set as free preview to ensure there's always content for students to view. However, you're able to select the additional lectures that you’d like to include. You need to select enough lectures totalling 10 minutes of video content, including the first video lecture. Check out this support article to learn how to do this.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Lizzy, your first video lecture will automatically be set as free preview to ensure there's always content for students to view. However, you're able to select the additional lectures that you’d like to include. You need to select enough lectures totalling 10 minutes of video content, including the first video lecture. Check out this support article to learn how to do this.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

I have a course that has most of the information given away in the intro video making it the course completely worthless if it is free.  I have no interest in changing my course to fit your dumb rule.  I will not be publishing my course until this changes.  If you don't allow that I will go somewhere else. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors