Course for IT professionals

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course for IT professionals

Go to solution

Dear Instructor Community, 

I have two professions. I'm an accountant and a translator (English - Spanish - English). I don't have an IT background.

Is there anything you think I could teach web developers or IT professionals in general? Is there anything in my background that could be useful to them?

I truly appreciate your comments. Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

A lot of the IT people using this site will be freelancers. So I think there should be an audience for your accountant skills. How do you keep track of your finances? How do you calculate your rates? Question like these could be interesting. And maybe you get a chance to talk to some of your potential audience first to find out what their specific needs and questions are.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Go to solution

I sit in both camps. Why not teach the groups you already know?

Accountants

Translators

Why teach to a demographic which you know nothing about (yet) or even know of useful topics (currently) 

Go to solution

https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Udemy-demographics/m-p/1716#M78

Oh now I see why. 

Focus on niche, what nobody else is doing, what can you offer that is unique. Don't look for content just because it is a large user base. Which would you rather have? Sell to 1000 niche and committed fans or try to sell to thousands with an average meh offering that feels more of the same.

Go to solution

I already designed courses for people with my background. However, I do want to expand to other student groups. I just want to know if anything I already know could be useful to the IT student group. Thank you for your input.

Go to solution

A lot of the IT people using this site will be freelancers. So I think there should be an audience for your accountant skills. How do you keep track of your finances? How do you calculate your rates? Question like these could be interesting. And maybe you get a chance to talk to some of your potential audience first to find out what their specific needs and questions are.

Go to solution

Thanks Jan! This helps a lot!

Go to solution

hi  everyone 

Go to solution

You might check Udemy Marketplace Insight. Search for IT skills related to your background.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors