Course guidelines

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course guidelines

I'm new to the Udemy platform and would appreciate some suggestions from those who have done this before.  My goal is to upload some courses for a purpose.  I am the executive director and the lead trainer of a nonprofit that does technology training for low-income people and veterans. We want to upload some of our pre-recorded courses to serve two purposes; 

1. The money we earn from these courses will go to fund a mobile computer lab to take a face to face classroom into communities that need our support. 

2. Low-income students who wish to take our online training will be given a coupon code so they can take the courses for free (and hopefully point them in the direction of other Udemy instructors in the process). 

We specialize in digital literacy courses and will be doing our own spin on Microsoft Office training as well as some on using the internet and social media. 

Is this something that is allowed per the Udemy guidelines first of all? Additionally, if we were to do these courses, I heard someplace that Udemy requires a "Talking head" video. Our videos are all screen capture type with voiceover. Is there a need for a talking head video per the Udemy guidelines? I didn't see one in the minimum standards link, so I want to make sure. 

Fred Claus

Technology Trainer

Good Shepherd Ministries of WNY, Inc. 

1 Reply
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Fred_Claus 

You can upload your pre-made course lectures to Udemy, just make sure that the course and its structure meets Udemy guidelines. Write to Udemy trust and safety team for specific questions in this regard. You will also be notified of any course related guidelines while you upload your courses. Once you have uploaded your course, you need to submit it for review. If there is any issue, the review team will get back.

2. You don't need to have talking head videos. This is not a mandatory requirement . In fact, loads of courses available on the Udemy platform don't have any talking head video in lectures, and that's completely ok. 

Contact udemy trust and safety team at policy@udemy.com. 

Contact the instructor support team at instructorsupport@udemy.com. 

Hope this helps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors