Course image Design

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course image Design

Go to solution

Hi and good day.I am a new instructor in udemy.My challenge right now is that i do not know how to design my course image for my course in biotechnology.The question on my mind right now is where do i start and where do i end designing the image for my course. Can someone kindly help me out? Help will be highly appreciated. Best Regards.

Francis  Oji.

FrancisOjiO48\

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Start by reading Udemy's materials on the subject at https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232347-Course-Image-Quality-Standards - it covers most of what I was about to type up for you 🙂

What I usually do is get a simple stock illustration (from istockphoto.com, so I have a real license to use it) that conveys the topic I'm teaching somehow. Then I overlay a headshot of myself trying to look warm and inviting over it, with a bright, fuzzy border around my head to make it pop. Humans are drawn to images of faces, so that's one way to catch their attention when they are scrolling through a list of courses.

You might also look at the course images the courses competing with you are using. Can yours be better? Can it stand out through the use of an eye-catching color that your competition isn't using?

If you need help putting it together, there's always upwork.com. Just be super specific in what you want. But really you only need basic skills in an image editor of some sort.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Start by reading Udemy's materials on the subject at https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232347-Course-Image-Quality-Standards - it covers most of what I was about to type up for you 🙂

What I usually do is get a simple stock illustration (from istockphoto.com, so I have a real license to use it) that conveys the topic I'm teaching somehow. Then I overlay a headshot of myself trying to look warm and inviting over it, with a bright, fuzzy border around my head to make it pop. Humans are drawn to images of faces, so that's one way to catch their attention when they are scrolling through a list of courses.

You might also look at the course images the courses competing with you are using. Can yours be better? Can it stand out through the use of an eye-catching color that your competition isn't using?

If you need help putting it together, there's always upwork.com. Just be super specific in what you want. But really you only need basic skills in an image editor of some sort.

Go to solution

Sorry to ask again, but what istockphoto.com license do I need to purchase to use my photos in my Udemy course? How much did you pay for one photo? I'm going to need a lot of pictures and I'm wondering if I can even afford them.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors