Courses for kids and teens

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Courses for kids and teens

Hi Everyone,

I host courses for kids and teenagers and I have just submistted my first course for review. To my shock the Udemy platform came back saying they cannot host my course becaue they cannot advertise to an audience under 18 years old. This is very confusing as the Udemy platfrom is full of courses for kids of all ages-from coding to yoga to painting with watercolours-so why are all those courses on there and why would they then not accept my course? 

Please could someone shed some light for me.

Estee

3 Replies

Estee, that must be really frustrating!

I'm not sure why that would happen, but maybe you should contact Udemy support. Alternatively, perhaps you need to advertise to adults for their children? I know when I was a kid my dad used to find Udemy courses and sign me up for them.

Good luck; I hope you find what you need soon!

Ellianna

It is partly based on Google Ads will not allow them to run ads for kids along with all advertising platforms. Also, the kids will not be searching Udemy to buy something so it should be geared toward parents if put on Udemy at all. 

Hi @EsteeCockcr416, we're sorry for the confusion around this. As our Trust & Safety Team stated, Udemy is, unfortunately, unable to advertise to underage students.

If your course appears to target young persons, you will need to reformat your course title, subtitle, description, and any relevant course materials in order to make it clear that the course is intended for parents or guardians of someone who is underage.

If your course is not strictly for underage persons, you can alternatively describe the course based on the skill level of the intended audience (please keep in mind, this should be distinct from schooling levels or other levels categorized by age-range).

These changes will help get your course more likely to be approved for publishing on the site. If you should have any questions about the particulars, please reach out to policy@udemy.com. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors