Creating Multiple Courses with Similar Content

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Multiple Courses with Similar Content

I'm creating multiple courses with similar content and I'm wondering if that's against Udemy Rules. I will give an example.

ex. How to Build a Todo List with Python and React  

ex. How to Build a Todo List with Python and Angular

The Python content is the same but the React and Angular course is different. Do I have to rerecord the Python content or can I upload the same videos for that half of the course and just upload new videos for the differences. They will both be two different courses. I will not merge them into one course.

2 Replies

Hey @CodeBrainsIO, you can use some lectures from one course in another, as long as the repeated content is included to support student learning in a distinctly different course (i.e. you can provide some duplicate lectures for context, but the skills learned in each course must be unique).

If the courses are just duplicates of each other, your course will not be allowed in the marketplace. If we receive complaints from students that there is too much duplicate content and overlap in your published courses, our Policy team may have to take action.

Please use your best judgment to deliver a unique, valuable course that will teach students something new.

If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this, feel free to reach out to policy@udemy.com and the team will be happy to help.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

By duplicates, can they be about building the same website but using different technologies?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors