Creating a Practice Test - Number of questions and upload process

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Practice Test - Number of questions and upload process

Go to solution

I am planning to create a practice test for an exam. Could you please help me with the following 2 questions?

1) Is there a limit on the number of questions for a practice test? My test might be having around 1,500 questions!

2) Is there a bulk upload process for practice tests available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @JohnHonai , each practice test can have up to 250 questions per practice test. There can be up to 6 practice tests per course (each with a maximum of 250 questions)
2. Yes, you can use the bulk upload are within the practice test, which simply allows you to upload a CSV file with the questions. This file has to be in the format Udemy supports and is found here;  https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008041788-Create-a-Practice-Test

I really hope this information helps!

Eliana Cerna 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @JohnHonai , each practice test can have up to 250 questions per practice test. There can be up to 6 practice tests per course (each with a maximum of 250 questions)
2. Yes, you can use the bulk upload are within the practice test, which simply allows you to upload a CSV file with the questions. This file has to be in the format Udemy supports and is found here;  https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008041788-Create-a-Practice-Test

I really hope this information helps!

Eliana Cerna 

Go to solution

Thanks @ElianaC . It certainly did help!

Go to solution

Hi Eliana,

My practice tests are in moodle format and the text contains HTML. Do you know how to specify html content in the bulk uploader CSV file?

If anyone knows how to bulk upload HTML content to create practice tests, please let me know.

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You can't on Udemy, you would need to format into *.csv with the right formatting for Udemy (they have a template).

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply, Thor. Converting to udemy csv format is not an issue. The problem is that the textual data of the question (i.e. the problem statement , option statements, html etc) are in html formatted. For example, the problem statement has <b>for bold</b> and <pre>for code</pre> tags embedded.

How do I put those into CSV so that would show up correctly. THe only way that I can see right now is to strip all such tag and upload. THen open each question individually and format it again. There are more than 1000 questions in different courses.

If that is indeed the only solution, then Udemy truely sucks.

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply but as mentioned before, the issue is not csv itself. The issue is html formatted content in the csv file.

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a solution available now?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors