Don't Forget Ancillary Careers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't Forget Ancillary Careers

Okay, so you may or may not be crushing it on Udemy. In either case...

Have you considered making additional revenue through ancillary careers?

Obviously, if you're teaching about drop-shipping you most likely already have a thriving career in drop-shipping. But what about writing?

There are two very lucrative ancillary careers to online video course development that you might want to consider to augment both your revenue and your credentials:

1) Voice Over: That's right, your voice is worth money. In fact, any voice is worth money. On sites all the way from Fiverr to Voices you can make money recording short audio blurbs for people looking to make online advertisements. I've already tried this route and failed, so I figure my next time is a charm.

Want to go even further with your voice? Check out Amazon ACX to record audiobooks for yourself or other writers for sale on Amazon and Audible.

2) Writing and Self-publishing: Why not gather your Udemy course notes, flesh them out and publishing them as an accompanying Amazon eBook on sale for $2.99 (known as the sweet spot because it's the cheapest you can charge on Amazon for an eBook and still get 70% royalties).

I've seen some Udemy instructors giving away Amazon books (as PDF downloads) as part of their Udemy online course promotions.

Creating explainer videos for companies and much more...

Does anyone else have a favorite ancillary career they're willing to share?

---Brian

1 Reply

Interesting ideas to think about! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors