Engagement with students - Free courses

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engagement with students - Free courses

Go to solution

Hello fellow instructors!

I have created my first course which I posted about a month ago 🙂 .To get stated, it is for free so that I can have more students, reviews, feedback and also observe the demand of the course. However I would like to have more engagement with my students, so far I have only 2 reviews and I would like to know the opinion of other students which have completed the course but have not left a review. Since it is a free course, is it possible to message my students for feedback, or is this only possible for paid courses?

Also, based on your experience, is having the course for free at the beginning and later change it to paid, a good method? Has this worked for any of you?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MariaPaulaS I have found some posts from instructors commenting about providing your first course as free or paid, please check it out here. Message functionality is restricted to only paid courses.

Hope this helps!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MariaPaulaS I have found some posts from instructors commenting about providing your first course as free or paid, please check it out here. Message functionality is restricted to only paid courses.

Hope this helps!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Thank you very much @ElianaC, very helpful!

Go to solution

Hi @MariaPaulaS, I have never started off with "free", but thought this would be an interesting approach and would love to hear how it went for you in testing it out? Engagement may be a challenge, since you cannot message your students with your "free" courses. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!