English native speakers pls!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

English native speakers pls!

Go to solution

Hi I am a Hungarian living in UK for 5 years. I would like to setup a course in English and I ask you about an interesting question. When I create an English sentence and it is correct grammarly but there  is a difference from the original English what do you think about it and can you understand it? If i may tell you a Hungarian example I can make a difference between a native Hungarian and a foreign language one and maybe their Hungarian grammar is correct but the language structure is a bit strange of my native language...and unfortunately the meaning of their sentence used to be different what they wanted to inform us. 

For example The white door is open/The door what is white is open.    And I think my text of the course is full of the similar cases.   What do you think about it? Thanks Sandor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with a course provided in what is essentially broken English.  If I enroll in a course that is taught in English, I expect the English to be spoken correctly.  

I don't want to have to expend mental capacity trying to figure out what the instructor is saying. I want to focus on the topic I'm trying to learn.  The same goes for instructors with heavy accents.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with a course provided in what is essentially broken English.  If I enroll in a course that is taught in English, I expect the English to be spoken correctly.  

I don't want to have to expend mental capacity trying to figure out what the instructor is saying. I want to focus on the topic I'm trying to learn.  The same goes for instructors with heavy accents.  

Go to solution

Hi I am grateful for your letter it focuses my attention to the correct grammar. So I ordered a proofreading of one of my lecture I am interested about the result thanks again for the motivating.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors