Enrollment and learning process

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enrollment and learning process

Hi all,

I'm new and I saw several instructors complain that they offered free courses, they got many enrollments but no ones started and gave reviews.

As I commented in another instructor's post, I already foresaw it. I wasn't surprised that much. In the end, when we give, we hope to get back and I believe that we will get back but maybe later, not immediately! The number of enrollment showed, in my opinion, is also a "get back".

The free course is only a tool to help us maximize the REACH at first and deliver samples with the HOPE that we can collect the customers' experience and SHARE. You should remember that it is only a HOPE, not a real result. The free course which I consider as a TRIAL is just a little bit higher than the awareness in the Marketing funnel, in order to encourage consumers to give reviews or share, it is not easy, we need to do many things in our product (the lessons). Just put yourself as consumers, if you get 10 free samples or 100 samples of something, what will you do? If you get one, perhaps you will consume it right away. However, if you get 10 or 100 free samples, I don't believe that you will consume all. Back to the basics of the question "why don't they start or give reviews?", here, each student can get many free courses at the same, not only from you or me. Please accept the reality that they may forget, leave the courses there because they get so many courses, or may consider the free courses invaluable. I guess we must accept it to move forward and find another way!

Perhaps you felt surprised that people get but not return. I was in a different situation which really surprised me!

Guess what? Several people paid for my course but they didn't also start the course!

It seems that they will never start even I sent them messages to remind! I don't know why and whether it is good or bad.

I just share my situation and my opinion so that other new instructors like me can understand and calm down if you deliver free but get nothing back!

Enjoy!

2 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

The pathway to success here on Udemy is often laborious @RyanHolmes576 , however, if we continue to put out genuinely great unique content and manage to get noticed we will find out wings.

Did you implement Udemys marketing strategies - I go back to them all the time and find them very helpful.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Yes, of course! I implemented several strategies and tactics and tried to use my experience in Marketing to understand the student insight here! Insight is the most important to me!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors