cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Everything you wanted to know about creating a course on Udemy

This post is for everyone who is excited about creating a course with Udemy, but isn’t sure where to get started.  Spoiler Alert: We now have a FREE course for that!

Introducing the Official Udemy Course for How to Create an Online Course

This course covers best practices for designing an impactful learning experience and features tips from some of our top instructors (including one of our very own Community Champions, Jason Dion!). 

Bella_0-1631734586489.png

In just 90 minutes, we’ll guide you through the recommended course creation process and share best practices in teaching and instructional design, plus share resources with you to help you plan, produce, and publish your own online course.

Here are some of the topics you’ll learn:

• Use the Marketplace Insights tool to identify in-demand topics to validate or refine your course topic
  • Learn how to define your ideal learners for your course
  • Determine and write clear learning objectives
  • Create practical activities and assessments to drive an engaging and high-quality course
  • Create a well-structured course outline
  • Produce your course content following best practices for recording and editing your videos

Plus much more!

If you are ready to kick off your online instructor journey the right way, enroll in “How to Create an Online Course: The Official Udemy Course

P.S. This course is currently only available in English, but we hope to roll it out in additional languages soon.

3 Replies
Rahul Iyer
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @Bella,

This is fantastic. When I had newly joined Udemy in 2016, I had been through similar courses that Udemy had officially created for instructors. They were topic specific such as Outlining Your Course, Creating Content, among others. They were so unique and helpful that after following the guidelines from those courses, my Udemy career took off. My courses automatically became top-rated and started selling well. Students loved the way the content was produced and the ease in which they could grasp everything. I benefitted immensely from those.

I am sure this course will be perfect for instructors and help all of us. Thank you for creating a newer version of those and sharing it here! Very helpful.

🙂

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rahul, wow! We are delighted to hear that you value the efforts we have put into creating this new course. We plan to continue creating new resources to help our instructors achieve their goals.

Thank you for your terrific feedback. 😊 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Absolutely. Thank you @Bella and the Udemy team.. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors