[Fatal Bug] Bulk upload by CSV corrupts the display in preview mode.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Fatal Bug] Bulk upload by CSV corrupts the display in preview mode.

I am creating a course of practice tests.
When I bulk upload questions as CSV, I get the following two fatal bugs in preview mode.

1) All characters become Bold.
2) Line breaks are disabled.

To fix these problems, you need to open each issue and retype the characters, which is very time-consuming.

I can't share screenshots here for content reasons, but I'm ready to show you the detailed screenshot of the probem and also the CSV file.

If there is any way to work around this bug, please let me know.

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CloudsStart526 I'm sorry you are facing this issue with the practice tests, first I'll recommend you to fill out a report by sending an email with all the information to the Support team at instructorsupport@udemy.com the team will be able to provide you with a workaround.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Seems like a very old issue that still hasn't been resolved 😞
I have 500 questions to batch upload; having no linebreaks and everything displayed in Bold
would require some serious editing that I am not prepared to do.
When can we expect a fix for this?

Hi,

Problems with line breaks in Ascii files (like .csv) is usually because of the different interpretations of line breaks between Windows systems on the one hand, and Linux/Mac systems on the other.

Try re-creating the .csv on Mac if you use Windows, or vice versa, or try to use some tool in order to convert the \n line breaks to \r\n.

Best regards,

dr Jonas Birch

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors