First course advice for engagement with the course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First course advice for engagement with the course

Go to solution
Hello, It is my first time creating a course on udemy. I posted it for free. The problem is I have in this week about 315 students enrolled in my course yet only 10 students have progress. I just wanted to ask is this normal? Is there anything wrong with my course? The question is why are students registering yet they are not even watching the introductory video to start with? On a side note my course is an anatomy course. Can I assume only people who are interested in anatomy will register? Thank u so much, Best
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@JeanetteELH238You are offering your course for free so you will get hundreds if not thousands enrolling -people love a freebee!. Unfortunately very few students will actually start your course, and fewer will finish it. Free courses are valued less by students so many will just collect them.

I suppose my question to you is, "What do you want this course to achieve?"

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hey @JeanetteELH238 

You have a lovely voice, even with the flu! But the first thing that struck me was you apologised for being ill. I find this to be the You Tube approach. Full disclosure! 

On Udemy, the courses that do well seem to be more professional. I think you should have edited out the first part and immediately shown your expertise. 

You have great knowledge and your personality comes across well. Have you looked at a lot of successful Udemy promos yet? It will highlight the difference from You Tube.

Good luck. You have made a positive start which is awesome.  I am sure people would pay for your expertise.

LL

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@JeanetteELH238You are offering your course for free so you will get hundreds if not thousands enrolling -people love a freebee!. Unfortunately very few students will actually start your course, and fewer will finish it. Free courses are valued less by students so many will just collect them.

I suppose my question to you is, "What do you want this course to achieve?"

Go to solution

Hi Denise! Thank u so much for your reply i highly appreciate that! 

I just want students to know how I teach and what is my strategy of teaching ( I have been an intrustor for many years but not an online one!). The second aim I am hoping to get ratings and people will like the way I teach. I am not sure though if that is the way to do it 🤦🏻‍♀️

To be honest i am working on my second course which will not be for free but I am afraid that students won’t register... 

Go to solution

Hey @JeanetteELH238 

You have a lovely voice, even with the flu! But the first thing that struck me was you apologised for being ill. I find this to be the You Tube approach. Full disclosure! 

On Udemy, the courses that do well seem to be more professional. I think you should have edited out the first part and immediately shown your expertise. 

You have great knowledge and your personality comes across well. Have you looked at a lot of successful Udemy promos yet? It will highlight the difference from You Tube.

Good luck. You have made a positive start which is awesome.  I am sure people would pay for your expertise.

LL

Go to solution

Hi lizzy! 

First of all it is a pleasure to meet you! I appreciate your advice so much! I will definitely try to have a differebt approach in my up coming videos. I will take a look at the page that details the successful Udemy promo.

Again i apperciate your reply and suggested solution!

best,

JH  

Go to solution

It's a great achievement to publish a course. Don't give up!

@JeanetteELH238 wrote:

Hi lizzy! 

First of all it is a pleasure to meet you! I appreciate your advice so much! I will definitely try to have a differebt approach in my up coming videos. I will take a look at the page that details the successful Udemy promo.

Again i apperciate your reply and suggested solution!

best,

JH  

LL
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors