First time course creator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time course creator

First

3 Replies

Hi @Teslax_deyem Welcome to the community! Here is space for instructors to share their ideas of the course creation process, marketing tips, resources for video recording, and more. Feel free to join any conversation.

Our minimum requirement for a course is that it contains at least 30 minutes of video content contained within at least 5 lectures. This section includes extensive resources on how you can create a Udemy course and get started.

Good luck!

Fernanda Rivera

Community Moderator

I just recorded and edited the first lecture of my first class. Yay! Do I submit them as I do them or the whole class at once? How do I submit it? Thanks

Hi @CarolJacoby349 Congratulations on creating your first lecture! Yes, you need to submit the entire course.

Completing this step will begin the Quality Review Process. As soon as the review team approves your course, the URL will go live.

The Quality Review Team will provide the corresponding feedback on the course feedback page, and they will inform you whether the course has been approved, or if it requires fixes. 

Please note, the Quality Review Process takes 2 business days.

You will need to submit lectures to the Review Team. They are our experts when it comes to course building, and they'll be able to tell you exactly what needs to be done so your course can be ready for the marketplace.

There are two ways to do this after signing up as an instructor:

1. "Submit a single lecture as a test video Each course has a "Test Video" page where instructors can load one video and receive feedback from the Review Team to make sure the production quality meets our standards for publishing.
2. "Submit the entire course for review Once the course has been uploaded in its entirety, it can be submitted for review. Our review team will leave feedback and list any changes or improvements that need to be made before it can be published to the Udemy Marketplace.

If you have any additional questions on your course progress state, feel free to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com and they will gladly look into this.

Good luck!

Fernanda Rivera
Community Moderator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors