First time in front of camera

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time in front of camera

Go to solution

Hey Guys, 

Thanks to all instructors for giving us so much knowledge! I am planning to start my own course and have prepared all the studio types of equipment for me. 

But as it is the first time I am doing something on camera I am finding it very hard to teach and make interactive videos.

I would like to have suggestions and tips from you experts as I don't want to stop doing it . 

Thanks 

Adit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @AadiSarin770 check out this great post by your fellow instructor, Massimiliano, that includes a list of his recommended instructor resources: https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/A-list-of-useful-sources-for-instructors/m...

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @AadiSarin770 check out this great post by your fellow instructor, Massimiliano, that includes a list of his recommended instructor resources: https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/A-list-of-useful-sources-for-instructors/m...

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Thanks a lot Eliana 

Go to solution

Remember that everything you video can be edited its not live, I am in most of my video content and it does not always go according to plan

I have tried teleprompters but I would have had to practice a lot to make it seem natural 

then I used big notes behind the camera on the wall as reminders but I still felt it was not natural for me

For me I found the best way was to plan a short length of video and have some notes  to look over before switching on the camera and audio recorder 

The notes help to prime my thinking on what I am about to record so that as I teach it seems more natural.

The one thing I have learned is you will get better because as you watch it back you will begin to learn what looks and sounds good it does not mater if its bad at first because we all make mistakes. 

The best advice I can give is just keep on doing it.   

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors