First time to create an online course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time to create an online course

Go to solution

Hello, everyone, I'm Paul from India, I hope you are all having an amazing day while reading this, feeling excited to join Udemy instructor community, I started to create my first course as well, hopefully, I'll publish the course as soon as possible and this is my first online teaching experience. I have two questions, and it follows:-

1. What is an effective pedagogy for online education?
  2. Subject sequence and teaching methods? 

Thanks for providing your valuable time to read this...Have a good day

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlvaroChirou
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

The first requirement for online education, I would say that you pay a lot of attention to the quality of video and sound.
Second, it is the market analysis on the subject matter of the course you are going to offer, and when you see your competence, you analyze that you can teach different from the other courses that already exist.
As a pedagogy, I would say that the classes last between 2 to 5 minutes and that you teach only one concept per class.
Do a lot of practice and give written material to the students, they like it very much.
Have fun teaching and make your students have fun too!

Álvaro Chirou.
Technology Expert

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlvaroChirou
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

The first requirement for online education, I would say that you pay a lot of attention to the quality of video and sound.
Second, it is the market analysis on the subject matter of the course you are going to offer, and when you see your competence, you analyze that you can teach different from the other courses that already exist.
As a pedagogy, I would say that the classes last between 2 to 5 minutes and that you teach only one concept per class.
Do a lot of practice and give written material to the students, they like it very much.
Have fun teaching and make your students have fun too!

Álvaro Chirou.
Technology Expert

Go to solution

Thanks & Regards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors