Free course as an intro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free course as an intro

Hello All! 

I'm a new instructor in the world of Udemy and seeking some advice on course creation. 

My intention is to create an introductory course into a topic which is short and sweet with minimal committment. The intention is to have this as 'free' with the option to 'sign up' for my indepth course which is in the works.

What's the most effective way to build some sign up's through the free course? Is it linking it to your own personal landing page for email sign up or is there a udemy mechanism? I'm seeking to gain further validation by gauging interests via sign ups!

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards, 
ConnorM

1 Reply

Hi!

I just released a free course in the last month. I found that Udemy is a great platform to get a lot of exposure. To build an audience I used social media, which worked okay(but in my personal experience I think social media really depends on how many followers you have), Udemy has these banners that come up "New" which makes students want to sign up. It will take some time to gain a huge audience, but little by little you will see growth in your enrollments. 

Good luck!

Pritika

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!