Free or not to Free ? How do we decide pricing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free or not to Free ? How do we decide pricing?

Go to solution

I am new so I really don't know. Is it better to make your 1st published course free ? It could attract some student, let them get to know you etc. But there are also many other forums for free courses such as Youtube, Facebook etc nowadays. So is it still worthwhile to publish a 1st course on Udemy for free ?

If pricing is preferred, how do we decide on pricing?

Thanks in advance for any guidance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Katherine
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @Lynn 

Welcome to our community! 

There is a discussion about having your first course as paid or free here that might be interesting to you. You can also use the search function in the community to find more discussions about free courses.

Pricing depends on factors like course duration, depth of content, and your experience and reputation as an instructor. Longer courses, or courses focused on a niche subject or a career skill, can sell for a higher price. Your course can also sell for more by offering more value to students through project-based assignments and personalized feedback.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Katherine
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @Lynn 

Welcome to our community! 

There is a discussion about having your first course as paid or free here that might be interesting to you. You can also use the search function in the community to find more discussions about free courses.

Pricing depends on factors like course duration, depth of content, and your experience and reputation as an instructor. Longer courses, or courses focused on a niche subject or a career skill, can sell for a higher price. Your course can also sell for more by offering more value to students through project-based assignments and personalized feedback.

I hope this helps!

Go to solution

Thanks! I tried searching but couldn't see anything relevant. Guess my search skills ain't that good. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Go to solution

Hello 👋🏾 @Lynn 

I made my first one free... 

then after that I would apply the next tier of price bracket, so on and so for.

But you have to keep in mind the amount of work you have placed into each one of your courses. 

T.R. Healing

Go to solution

Thanks Tanisha. How was the response like to your 1st free course?

Go to solution

You’re Welcome @Lynn 

I have not received a response yet..

so the 😊 the verdict is still out. 

T.R. Healing

Go to solution

All the best !

Go to solution

Thank you 😊 

@Lynn wishing you the same 🏆

T.R. Healing

Go to solution

Hi! @TanishaA064 

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Congratulations for your help and support. Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!!  Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Hi! @TanishaA064 

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!!🌹🌹🌹🌹

Congratulations for your like!!! God bless you!!! Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Hi! @Lynn 

However, I think that all things through to awareness and exclusive use of the practices with commercials mindfulness to this on your course for free or paid. So you should be able to considered how the possibility that discussing with each other for responding to your course. As a results you're getting a solution for meditation by the way to your course by helps and supports from everyone of Udemy Community. Thanks for your post!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Yes. Because, knowledge is free to access for anyone. As you are providing knowledge for people, it's better to put it free and attract more people towards you. It will be helpful for them and you.

Go to solution

Hi! @DheerajShyam 

Thanks for your post!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors