Free versus paid

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free versus paid

Hello everyone,

Hope all fine & cool

Just wanted to take your perspective on free versus paid course, I have created a course and the duration of thar course is 10hours, initially thought of publishing for free then turn into paid version but now the duration for free is 2 hours, can I publish 10 hrs course for free or do I need to create a sample then paid what would be best approach,

Please if any suggestion or feedback is really  appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Uday

2 Replies
Niels
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Don´t publish it as a free course. 

Maybe consider posting free-coupons online, but even that won´t pay off.

I´ve tried using free-coupons 2 times, to get some attention and to draw students into one of my courses, but there´s absolutely no benefit behind it. I got 3.000 students and i regret it. Students that get a course for free ususally show no interest in the course and just "gather" free courses in their accounts. Some of them sometimes even leave rather bad reviews as they just briefly run through a few lessons and they don´t seem to buy your other courses.

It basically just messes with your statistics and provides no benefit.

Make it a paid course and be patient. Learn from true and honest feedback provided by those students who actually paid for the course and if no one buys your course...figure out how to improve it. 

just my thoughts

best regards

Niels

Awesome my dear friend, I completely agree with you. Thank you so much for taking time to clarify my doubt.

Will go with paid to take further

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors