Frustrating

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating

I really need some money and i waited all qeejend and Friday to be i  review and theycwant me to change the photo..now im in review for 2 more days????? Doesnt make sense for just a photo. I really need it published have no other way to make money due to corona virus I've been working on this course for a week and a half since I we've been shut down so I'm just trying to make some money and now I have to wait two more days for review just for one picture this is frustrating they said nothing else was wrong so I have to wait two days for one picture????

5 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Unaturalhair , we are all waiting - I am a very experienced instructor and pressed the review button several days ago. Most if not all of Udemys staff are working remotely to 'stop the spread'. Thus things are not as efficient as they usually are. 

Plus I am sure you have read that it will be two months before any money starts to flow. This is due to Udemys 30 day money-back guarantee. They pay on the 7th of each month.

Make sure you have read and are implementing Udemys marketing tips for your new course. Plus do a search here to find conversations about marketing your new course.

Please understand that Udemy is not instant money and for most of us it took quite some time BEFORE we started to make a good income from Udemy. Udemy is a long term game - not a quick fix.

Good luck.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Hello @Unaturalhair , I can understand your situation. Sadly is the situations of many worldwide right now, and believe it makes me want to cry so often. I can tell you that you did a good move coming to Udemy if you want to start a bussiness for yourself. Yes, its also a good way to use your quarentine time to invest it in something very productive... but as Sharon sais... in the long term.

If you are in desperation for money, and I repeat I totaly understand it, please consider other ways to get short term money, becouse you not only have take time to create courses that fit the Udemy standars, but you also have to wait almost 2 months to get your first revenue, and also, you have to wait several more months to make that ammount of money to be significative. Usualy thats the path we all did along years working hardly here.

I dont wana help in your frustration, I wana help in giving you realistic inside info so you can make the best possible decisions you can make.

I wish you the best form my heart.

Hi @Unaturalhair 

I understand this can be frustrating! Each change in the process has to go back to the beginning of the queue and the process takes 1-2 business days again. However, please note that due to the current global situation there's been an increase of requests. The team is working diligently to provide instructors with quality swift service at this time. 

No, I had a full curriculum getting ready but due to the recent pandemic, had to speed up the first course because of no income. So I was preparing for about a month before this all happened. Smh. All I had recorded  was  the first segment so decided to push that through. I understand that the entire world is going through. But I just was tripping out about 1 freaking photo and I been just trying to get started. Plus have ppl waiting wanting  to buy it now so yes I get it.

The earliest you will get money is May 7th or June 7th. You'll have to have another course on a website, email, or Patreon to get money now. If you have students waiting then why not sell them something another way? The course can always be put on Udemy later. Most teachers have multiple courses to make more money.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors