Hello there! Asking for advice for my very first udemy course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello there! Asking for advice for my very first udemy course

Hi there,

my name is Frank, nice to meet you.

In these last 2 months I have been preparing my first Udemy course.

What kind of support did I use? I created a powerpoint presentation in which the "comment" contains the script for the voice actor. So, for each slide, the teacher will know exactly what to say.

Now, I am about to make the big step: I will pay a voice actor to read aloud my script while scrolling my presentation.

My presentation is already divided in many parts, which will be my lessons.

Each lesson will be about 5-10 minutes long.

You may ask yourself: why a voice actor? 

The reason why is that I am italian, so it's very difficult for me to maintain a good pronunciation while at the same time use an engaging tone. So I decided to hire a voice actor.

So, my question is: do you think I'm missing something? Does my plan sound good?

I thought of asking you guys before making the final step...

Thanks so much

Frank

7 Replies

You may not actually need to pay someone to make the presentation for you. You can just upload it as a PDF then if it's a paid course, you can set your price for your students to buy the file. 

Do let me know if this response was helpful.

Hi, thanks for your reply but I don't want to upload is as pdf.

As I said, I already prepared a full script: my course has been written specifically to be a video course

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Occam-Consult you can find a piece of very good advice on how to do a voice-over here https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Steps-for-Voice-Over-Presentation-video/m-...

Really hope this helps!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Hi Eliana, thanks for your time.

Actually, my question is different. I would like to know if it's okay if I pay a voice actor to record my voice.

Is it ok for the udemy guidelines? Do I have to make him sign something? thanks

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Occam-Consult We do not have a policy against the use of voice actors or other parties in order to teach or narrate your course to get more information about extra steps, please reach out to policy@udemy.com.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

My answer may seem strange to you, but what you will pay for the voiceover for one course, you can pay it to a teacher who will help you improve your pronunciation and have your distinctive voice on your next courses.

absolutely not. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors