Help request : i didn't understand a concept about udemy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help request : i didn't understand a concept about udemy

Dear sirs, 

I'm creating my first video course and I'm a new teacher on Udemy.

I tried to read and understand all the rules to be respected and how this platform works.

But a specific detail is not clear to me, I hope to receive your help.

If I decide to publish my video course also on other web platforms or on my sites where I can sell the same video course at the people, can I do it freely and without problems?

5 Replies
KylePew
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @AlessandroB879 - Yes, you can offer your courses on other platforms, but if the course is paid on Udemy you can't offer it free on other platforms. If the course is included in the Udemy Business program then it becomes exclusive to the Udemy platform. You will receive a notice from Udemy if one of your courses is included in the business program.

Hello Kyle, 

ok thank you very much for the your precious informations. 

No, I have no intention of joining the Udemy Business exclusive program for now. I also want to sell my course outside Udemy, otherwise it becomes a limitation for me.

I have 2 more questions I would like to ask:

Udemy not allow the teacher to create a email list with the contacts of the students ?

Udemy allow the teacher to only receive messages within their platform?

@AlessandroB879 Yes it will be a policy violation to request email. We are encouraged to udemy platform for communication.

Ok,  thank you SapBuddy.

🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors