Helpful tips

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful tips

Go to solution

What are some key things that need to be considered for the beginning phases of course creation?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hey @King_Amir 

Here's a few questions for you to consider but it is in no way a definitive list:

• Will my course provide more value than students could expect?
  • Is my audio good enough quality so as not to detract from the learning experience?
  • Is my video  good enough quality so as not to detract from the learning experience?
  • If I wanted to learn this subject what would I want to know?
  • Have I gone into enough depth of information to ensure the student learns completely?

I hope that helps 🙂 

View solution in original post

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @King_Amir , @GrahamNicholls  has given some excellent advise. I would also add

• How can you stand out and be different from the other courses being offering your topic area (unless you are the first then that is another story).
  • From your current extended skill set what skills (not necessarily related to your subject matter) can you add to your course to make if different from the others
  • Do some basic research to see if there is a need for your course. For example check out the Udemy Insights guide on your instructor dashboard. This might provide you with a slant or idea you have skill in but hadn't considered. 
Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hey @King_Amir 

Here's a few questions for you to consider but it is in no way a definitive list:

• Will my course provide more value than students could expect?
  • Is my audio good enough quality so as not to detract from the learning experience?
  • Is my video  good enough quality so as not to detract from the learning experience?
  • If I wanted to learn this subject what would I want to know?
  • Have I gone into enough depth of information to ensure the student learns completely?

I hope that helps 🙂 

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @King_Amir , @GrahamNicholls  has given some excellent advise. I would also add

• How can you stand out and be different from the other courses being offering your topic area (unless you are the first then that is another story).
  • From your current extended skill set what skills (not necessarily related to your subject matter) can you add to your course to make if different from the others
  • Do some basic research to see if there is a need for your course. For example check out the Udemy Insights guide on your instructor dashboard. This might provide you with a slant or idea you have skill in but hadn't considered. 
Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!