Here's how I stay motivated, what do you do?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's how I stay motivated, what do you do?

Go to solution

How do you stay motivated while creating a course? Share your tips with the community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi Alex I only put 5 days aside for making my new Course otherwise I find im rushing it! and we also need to rest the old Gray Matter...I try and organise my Mind the day before clearly about what I need to do the next day...so as I finish my few hours of work on a new Course I Meditate on what Chunk of my Course I need to finish the next day...the next day im on it like a lion! after that I start structuring my next Lecture! / As regards Filming it really depends on what Course im making - at the Moment im making a (Tai Chi & Chi Kung Exercise Course) so the Filming is all outside-I have filmed most of the movements outside already but need to fill in with different pictures and also film the same movements in different places ( Like in front of the Sea) or on a Big Rock it adds to the Natural Hypnotic look of the Course! Sorry I have no pictures of my sudio as I keep moving it to eliminate Eco on my Microphone lol and I also do a lot of Filming outside with our Earth Mother! its whatever works for you really some people like filming inside a lot...Blessings MK

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Great Question...I set out one or two hours a day for Creating a new Course! - I then make sure I keep to that...everything else I can catch up on after I have worked on my Course! / Its like eating an Orange we prapare it first then eat and digest just one section at a time...This works for me...

Making a New Course is also like being an Artist in your Field You have to be in that Productive Artistic Space-thinking about your next move the Night before also helps! Regards MK

Go to solution

That's great MK! Do you work on your course 5 days a week or 7 days a week? Are you filming a little every day? if so, what does your setup look like? Would you share a picture of it?

Go to solution

Hi Alex I only put 5 days aside for making my new Course otherwise I find im rushing it! and we also need to rest the old Gray Matter...I try and organise my Mind the day before clearly about what I need to do the next day...so as I finish my few hours of work on a new Course I Meditate on what Chunk of my Course I need to finish the next day...the next day im on it like a lion! after that I start structuring my next Lecture! / As regards Filming it really depends on what Course im making - at the Moment im making a (Tai Chi & Chi Kung Exercise Course) so the Filming is all outside-I have filmed most of the movements outside already but need to fill in with different pictures and also film the same movements in different places ( Like in front of the Sea) or on a Big Rock it adds to the Natural Hypnotic look of the Course! Sorry I have no pictures of my sudio as I keep moving it to eliminate Eco on my Microphone lol and I also do a lot of Filming outside with our Earth Mother! its whatever works for you really some people like filming inside a lot...Blessings MK

Go to solution

I am in the same boat as MasterK77. To develop, plan, prepare, record, edit, upload and finish an online course seems like a daunting task. I take it one step at a time. Slow and steady 🙂

It has worked out for me to put x hours per workday into my todo-list until everything is done. I basically have two phases:

To develop, plan, prepare and especially record my course I need to be mentally fresh. So I do it first thing before any other work. I just start my usual workday one hour or two hours late afterwards.

To edit, upload and finish the course I don't need my full mental potential and I shift the one or two hours into the afternoon, but always at the same time.

That's the minimum. If I get into the flow and have the time I put more work into it on that day.

Go to solution

Excelent Structure! 

Go to solution

Each day i try to work at least 5 hour for new course...and 8 hour i do programming for learning and become expert on Programming..i am a Software engineer and i like to do programming ,,right now working on Android,ios and Flutter Development...my goal is ,,each month i will release 2 coures...

Go to solution

Anyone interested in doing an accountability (motivation) group with fellow instructors to help each other get our courses "out the door" (published)? If so, I started a thread here with the proposed details. Let me know on that thread if you're interested, or what you think 🙂 https://community.udemy.com/t5/Course-Creation/Anyone-interested-in-an-accountability-motivation-gro...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!