Here's how I stay motivated, what do you do?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's how I stay motivated, what do you do?

Go to solution

How do you stay motivated while creating a course? Share your tips with the community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi Alex I only put 5 days aside for making my new Course otherwise I find im rushing it! and we also need to rest the old Gray Matter...I try and organise my Mind the day before clearly about what I need to do the next day...so as I finish my few hours of work on a new Course I Meditate on what Chunk of my Course I need to finish the next day...the next day im on it like a lion! after that I start structuring my next Lecture! / As regards Filming it really depends on what Course im making - at the Moment im making a (Tai Chi & Chi Kung Exercise Course) so the Filming is all outside-I have filmed most of the movements outside already but need to fill in with different pictures and also film the same movements in different places ( Like in front of the Sea) or on a Big Rock it adds to the Natural Hypnotic look of the Course! Sorry I have no pictures of my sudio as I keep moving it to eliminate Eco on my Microphone lol and I also do a lot of Filming outside with our Earth Mother! its whatever works for you really some people like filming inside a lot...Blessings MK

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Great Question...I set out one or two hours a day for Creating a new Course! - I then make sure I keep to that...everything else I can catch up on after I have worked on my Course! / Its like eating an Orange we prapare it first then eat and digest just one section at a time...This works for me...

Making a New Course is also like being an Artist in your Field You have to be in that Productive Artistic Space-thinking about your next move the Night before also helps! Regards MK

Go to solution

That's great MK! Do you work on your course 5 days a week or 7 days a week? Are you filming a little every day? if so, what does your setup look like? Would you share a picture of it?

Go to solution

Hi Alex I only put 5 days aside for making my new Course otherwise I find im rushing it! and we also need to rest the old Gray Matter...I try and organise my Mind the day before clearly about what I need to do the next day...so as I finish my few hours of work on a new Course I Meditate on what Chunk of my Course I need to finish the next day...the next day im on it like a lion! after that I start structuring my next Lecture! / As regards Filming it really depends on what Course im making - at the Moment im making a (Tai Chi & Chi Kung Exercise Course) so the Filming is all outside-I have filmed most of the movements outside already but need to fill in with different pictures and also film the same movements in different places ( Like in front of the Sea) or on a Big Rock it adds to the Natural Hypnotic look of the Course! Sorry I have no pictures of my sudio as I keep moving it to eliminate Eco on my Microphone lol and I also do a lot of Filming outside with our Earth Mother! its whatever works for you really some people like filming inside a lot...Blessings MK

Go to solution

I am in the same boat as MasterK77. To develop, plan, prepare, record, edit, upload and finish an online course seems like a daunting task. I take it one step at a time. Slow and steady 🙂

It has worked out for me to put x hours per workday into my todo-list until everything is done. I basically have two phases:

To develop, plan, prepare and especially record my course I need to be mentally fresh. So I do it first thing before any other work. I just start my usual workday one hour or two hours late afterwards.

To edit, upload and finish the course I don't need my full mental potential and I shift the one or two hours into the afternoon, but always at the same time.

That's the minimum. If I get into the flow and have the time I put more work into it on that day.

Go to solution

Excelent Structure! 

Go to solution

Each day i try to work at least 5 hour for new course...and 8 hour i do programming for learning and become expert on Programming..i am a Software engineer and i like to do programming ,,right now working on Android,ios and Flutter Development...my goal is ,,each month i will release 2 coures...

Go to solution

Anyone interested in doing an accountability (motivation) group with fellow instructors to help each other get our courses "out the door" (published)? If so, I started a thread here with the proposed details. Let me know on that thread if you're interested, or what you think 🙂 https://community.udemy.com/t5/Course-Creation/Anyone-interested-in-an-accountability-motivation-gro...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors