High enrollments on first day scaring me

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High enrollments on first day scaring me

Go to solution

Hi All, I created my first course on Udemy and published today.

I then created a free coupon and shared it on same course domain groups on FB & Linkedin and also in online course forums. The student count is increasing but people actually starting the course and progressing is very very low.

This is making me nervous if high student count, but no watch hour will negatively impact my course?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @aakriti-elearn , Congratulations on publishing your course, it's common for students to enroll in free courses and courses offered during promotional campaigns who do not start the course immediately. Student engagement will likely increase over time.

Also, would you mind removing the course link from your post? We’re very careful about any type of self-promotion based on our guidelines here, thank you in advance.

Mery Mejia

Udemy Community

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @aakriti-elearn , Congratulations on publishing your course, it's common for students to enroll in free courses and courses offered during promotional campaigns who do not start the course immediately. Student engagement will likely increase over time.

Also, would you mind removing the course link from your post? We’re very careful about any type of self-promotion based on our guidelines here, thank you in advance.

Mery Mejia

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Thank you @MeryMejia, did that

Waiting on some more opinions from others.

Go to solution

Hello @aakriti-elearn , actually I do not have any idea about your problem as i am struggling to promote my First published course. So, i am just curious that what methods you used to promote your course (as i am seeing you got more than 10,000 students on your first course, if you can share). It will definitely help me.

Thanks

Vinod Cumar 

Go to solution

@VinodCumar, this article helped me a lot, I'm sure it will help you too.

https://community.udemy.com/t5/Marketing/How-can-I-market-my-course/td-p/435

Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors