How Can I Sell My 1st Course, If by Default It's Set as A Preview?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Sell My 1st Course, If by Default It's Set as A Preview?

Hello everyone, I'm totally new to the platform & trying to figure some things out. I recently published my 1st course & was surprised to find out that by default the entire 32-minute lesson would be used as a preview video. I tried resetting the preview time to the minimum 10 minutes required, but no success. If this is the case, how did you guys make money off the 1st video if it's set as preview in its entirety. Did you chalk it up, & focused on making sells on the 2nd course and so on? I have some ideas but would like to hear your strategies for the initial stage.  

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DarrinMcG

I appreciate that you are new to the platform (welcome to the community!). I'm more than happy to help you with this!

It's important to keep in mind that your first video lecture will automatically be available for free preview to ensure there is always content available for students to view. You need to select enough lectures totaling 10 minutes of video content, including the first video lecture. On the curriculum page, you can turn on Free Preview for any video lecture.

I would like to let you know that this 10-minute preview is mandatory so that students can really get to know the instructor style, and if the same is suitable for them; however, if you are concerned about the content displayed on this preview, remember that you choose which lectures are available to preview; you have control. You can also break down the first lecture or add more lectures with general and non-critical information and make it available for preview. That way, you protect your content and show your potential students your style at the same time.

Feel free to reach out to our Instructor Support team if you need any help doing this. I'm also here if you have any other questions or concerns! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors