How Much is Too Simple/Complex for Game Development Tutorial?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much is Too Simple/Complex for Game Development Tutorial?

Hello, everyone. My name is Kanata. It's nice to meet you all.

I'm currently working on a game development tutorial. The problem is whether I should make it simple/basics or complex/advanced.

If I make it too simple, I feel like... it's a waste of a tutorial, especially for those who know the basics. Not to mention, it won't stand out to others.

If I make it too complex, I need to learn some advanced techniques which will take some time, but it will be worth the price.

I haven't started making the video, just making the game prototype and learning some techniques.

2 Replies
Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Kanata

You can either create just a basic or advanced course and set the expectation in title itself.

"A basics game development tutorial" so only students at the basic stage will enroll, you can also select level as beginner when creating the course on the course landing page section.

The second option is to have lessons from basics to advanced in just one course and have a lecture in the beginning where you say if you are beginner start from lecture 1 and if you know x,y,z then start from lecture 20. You can even have a quiz for them to test their knowledge and accordingly navigate through the course.

Thank You

Your Business Mentor

Salil Dhawan

Going to for aver

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors