How big the market would be if my course is taught in languages that are not popular in Udemy?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How big the market would be if my course is taught in languages that are not popular in Udemy?

Hi,

This is Nathanael. I come from China and still cannot speak fluent English, I tried to publish course taught in Chinese, but it seems that this language is really small in the Udemy market, or at least I cannot use Udemy Market Insight to evaluate courses in Chinese. The insight tool only support English, Spanish, German and etc.

So I'm wondering whether it's a good choice to focus on Chinese course in Udemy platform, or is there a good way to estimate the market scale based on the tools Udemy provided?

2 Replies

Hi @NathanaelYang, the data on Marketplace Insights is based on data from English courses, and student searches which were made in English. We’ll be exploring the opportunity to expand Insights to other languages in the months to come! Regardless, the English market might still be a great indicator of potential success in other markets.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Hi Abbie,

Thanks for your reply and it would be really great if Udemy can enhance its insight feature to other languages. And thank u for the remind that English market insight still provide great information, I will use that for reference before the enhancement was made.

Meanwhile, as China is really a huge marketplace and many many beginners are also seeking for courses out there, I think it's also a great opportunity for Udemy's business growth in the future, I hope the insight feature would support Chinese soonSmiley LOL

Best Regards,

Nathanael Yang

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors