How do I create a "beta" course on Udemy?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a "beta" course on Udemy?

I'm in the process of building my first course, and I'd like to create a mini-course that's about 20% of the full course and open it up to beta testers, so I can refine it before I create the remaining lectures. 

Can I just set it up as a free course, with a slightly different name from the "real" course, and have people try it out? And then remove it from Udemy's listings once I've finished the testing process?

Or is it better to make it private, somehow, under the "real" name, and then make it public once I've completed it?

Or can I do both - have a free public course under a different name so I can test it on the general  Udemy student population, and also post it as a private course so I can capture any reviews I might get from my beta testers?

Thanks!

David

2 Replies
TameraDion
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I wouldn't set it up as a free course that is open to the market-there are many course collectors that will never watch, and if they do wont really leave any feedback. Setting it up as a private, free course could work if you were intentional about who you let view the course so that way you know you are going to get valid feedback. 

As for removing after, you can unpublish a course, but not truly remove as course from the platform as students are promised lifetime access to any courses they own. By unpublishing no one new can join, but the ones who had it already can look at it whenever they want.

*Brains behind Jason Dion*

Thanks, although I would like to find some way to get more general feedback from the larger Udemy audience. Any ideas other than a free course on how to do that?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors