How long does it take to get students

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get students

Hi everybody, I published my course on udemy a week ago. The number of landing page visitor is growing everyday but I'm getting 0 students.  I know my audio quality isn't that great, but it's not that bad.  I'm just wondering why I'm not getting any students. My landing page visitors are sitting at 179 at the moment, yet I got zero sales. 

I need suggestions for improvement please, I've seen some responses related to this matter that are brutally honest. One guy mentioned that he prefers native English speakers. Now I'm starting to think maybe people don't like my accent too.

2 Replies

To me, one "quick" improvement you could do is to change your introduction video. In the video, you spend a lot of time "browsing" a web without saying what you're doing or why is that relevant to the course. I'd try to do a shorter video with a voiceover where you state what is it that you're teaching in the course and what will students learn. I don't know if that would solve the problem but it's definitely going to help.

Hi claragnel, thank you for your reply. 

I assumed people who do website development, which is what I teach would know what I'm doing in the introduction video. I've seen vids like that on YouTube&Udemy, on web development, and I as a web developer I understood what the instructor is demonstrating..

But thank you I'll try to replace the music with a voice over

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors