How many resources?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many resources?

I'm doing an Excel course with spreadsheets for them to use for exercises, quizzes and activities. Is it better to give them one file with all the spreadsheets right up front, or add the individual sheets as resources as needed? If I do the former, does it just show my class having one resource and students may think they're not getting value? If I do the latter, how do I handle those spreadsheets that are worked on over several lectures?

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CarolJacoby349, glad to hear you're in the process of creating your course!

Most instructors will add resources relevant to each lecture, as this helps the student focus on the content they're learning on each section. However, there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to adding resources to your lectures, but I'd recommend taking a look at this article to learn the best practices when outlining your course. 

On your course landing page, it will display the number of downloadable resources you have across the entire course, so if you upload 10 spreadsheets, it will appear as '10 downloadable resources', regardless of adding it to one lecture or to multiple lectures. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to our Instructor Support team - they'll be happy to help! 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors