How often does an instructor get paid out for his/her course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does an instructor get paid out for his/her course?

Go to solution

Hi fellow instructors, 

I apologize in advance if this is a repeat or "dumb" question, but I couldn't seem to find the answer anywhere on the Udemy support page.

My question is: how often do you get a payout as a Udemy instructor (assuming you're making revenue from your published course)? I have my paypal linked and "active" but haven't seen any payout yet (I've only been making money as an instructor for <10 days). Let me know what you think, thanks in advance!

regards,

Kevin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi Kevin,

You get payouts monthly, around the 8th of the month, but you get paid not for the sales of the previous month, but the month previous to that.

For example, for your sales in May you will get paid around the 8th of July.

They do that because students have a 30-day window to ask for a refund, so they need to wait until a refund is no longer possible for the sales of a month to be paid to the instructor.

Here is an official overview of the process.

The revenue report in your instructor dashboard tells you the expected payment date.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Kevin,

You get payouts monthly, around the 8th of the month, but you get paid not for the sales of the previous month, but the month previous to that.

For example, for your sales in May you will get paid around the 8th of July.

They do that because students have a 30-day window to ask for a refund, so they need to wait until a refund is no longer possible for the sales of a month to be paid to the instructor.

Here is an official overview of the process.

The revenue report in your instructor dashboard tells you the expected payment date.

Go to solution

Thank you for a very clear answer. I am also new 🌟

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors