How to cope with noise?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cope with noise?

Hi all,
I will really appreciate your tips. I have been working on my courses. I already have the outline structure.
I am struggling in the recording process. Where I am located there are a lot of noise. I can use tools to edit my videos but I have noticed that will be hard to have good audio quality.
What do you recommend to do?.

2 Replies
Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I live a very noisy place too.

I have curtains, plywood and towels over the windows (all removable), I then have another layer of plywood, I do my pure audio recordings in a closet with sound insulation. 

If I do talking heads I do it from 2-4 in the morning and i have a insulated microphone box with an ATR2100. 

Even with all that I still have to pause every so often when a helicopter, ambulance or Harley goes by. 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

If you are recording a "talking heads" video, try to record smaller sections of it and then use your video editor to put it back together.  Example, if you have a 3 minute talk, try splitting it into three 1 minute sections and record each 1 minute section.  With smaller sections, you have a better chance of completing the recording before encountering a loud external noise.  Also, if there are times of the day that tend to be quieter,  you can try recording during those times.   Another tip is to move your computer desk/equipment as far away from the window as possible.    

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors